Terms of Services Applicable for Usage of Baboo |
Article 1 Introduction
The terms of services applicable for usage of Baboo (the terms of services hereafter) are applicable to all the cases at the time of using the social application services of ‘baboo’ (the services hereafter) managed by the mlab, Inc. (the company hereafter). With the completion of user registration, it is deemed that the user consents entirely with the terms of the services.
Article 2 Definition
The definitions of the terms used in the terms of services applicable for usage of Baboo are as laid down in each point mentioned below.
(1) The Company --- mlab, Inc.
(2) This/the service --- all services in baboo
(3) Users --- people using the present services
(4) User Registration --- apart from consenting to the terms of services applicable for usage of Baboo in order to utilize this service, the user requests for the offer of services in the method as determined by the company
(5) Account Information --- information such as the Baboo ID and the password entered at the time of user registration
(6) Baboo ID --- information of the character string to identify the individual user
(7) Password --- information of the character string meant to prevent usage by people other than the actual user
(8) Mail address of registration --- information of the mail address entered at the time of user registration with an aim to accept the offer of actual services
(9) Remarks --- contents transmitted by user to another user
Article 3 Amendment in the Terms of Services
It is assumed that the company can change the terms of services applicable for usage of Baboo due to discretionary reasons at any point of time. The contents after a change are considered to be effective from the point of time of notifying about the will to change the contents of the services. In case the services are used without a break after the contents post changes become effective, it is deemed that the user consented completely to the contents of the terms of services after the changes.
Article 4 Handling the Personal Information of the User
Article 5 Management of User Registration and Account Information
(1) It is assumed that the user registration can be done by the user after consenting completely to the terms of services in accordance with the method as already laid down by the company.
(2) As a general rule, user registration can be done only by a person above 18 years of age. A person below 18 years of age can use it after obtaining consent from the person with parental authority (parents/guardian).
(3) The user registration can be done by entering the Baboo ID, password, mail address after the initial activation of the application and consenting to the said terms of services.
(4) The registered account information has to be managed as a personal responsibility of an individual and hence, cannot be transferred, sold or lent to be used by a third party. It is assumed that the company does not bear any kind of responsibility if by any chance there are incidences such as false access, etc. by leakage of information due to the carelessness of the user.
(5) It is decided that the company shall demand indemnification for the damages from the user in case damage of any kind is caused due to illegal usage of the account information due to leakage of information, etc.
Article 6 Refusal and Forcible Cancellation of the Membership for User registration
It is taken that the company holds all rights to refuse or compellingly cancel the membership for the user registration in various cases on the basis of the below mentioned reasons.
(1) In case the user withdraws membership and clears out for any reason and then the same user tries the user registration once again.
(2) In case of doubtful use other than the objective for healthy communication (commercial use, multiple posts, spam acts, affiliate, pyramid scheme, etc.).
(3) In case the third party undertakes user registration posing as the real person.
(4) In case of detection of performing prohibited matters as established in Article 10.
(5) Besides these, in case the company decides it to be inadequate or inappropriate.
Article 7 Cancellation or Withdrawal from the Membership
The user can end using it anytime according to the methods as determined by the company. The data in the present services will be deleted completely in case of withdrawal from the membership. Please be careful since the once deleted data cannot be restored at any cost.
Article 8 Description of the Services
This service is a communication service designed to convey a wide variety of information easily by using characters. Demonstrative communication can be enjoyed by replacing the mask or using various other actions. Basically, the purpose of the service is to promote healthy communication, however for members, who are under 18 years of age, please obtain approval from the parents/guardians.
Article 9 Copyrights
All rights pertaining to the characters (including characters after customization) or graphical contents of the mask, sound effects, etc. which appear in this service are reserved with the company. These cannot be used for commercial purposes, etc. without the authorization from the company.
Article 10 Prohibited Matters
Users are advised not to undertake actions as laid down by the company and which are as mentioned below. In case such an action is detected, there is a possible likelihood for discontinuation of this service or deletion of statements, etc. and the company will have to take measures such as forcible cancellation of membership, etc. in case of a serious offence.
(1) In case of using the service with an objective to date a person of the opposite sex.
(2) In case of exchanging statements related to personal information such as mail address or telephone number, house address, etc.
(3) In case of exchanging statements which are against public order and moral values.
(4) In case of exchanging statements which attract or promote suicide or abusive treatment, etc.
(5) In case of exchanging statements which attract or promote criminal acts such as illegal drugs or illegal gambling, fraudulent transactions, murder, prostitution, burglary, transfer or sale of illegal weapons such as pistons, etc., manufacturing of explosive material, offering child pornography, forgery of official papers, and blackmail, etc.
(6) In case of transmitting links to sites which are prohibited to be used by a person under 18 years of age or sites which instigate criminal acts.
(7) In case of exchanging statements which violate the Public Officers Election Act.
(8) In case of exchanging statements which are mentally abusive or which are assigned for defamation of a character (putting someone’s reputation at stake).
(9) In case of exchanging statements which lead to discrimination against an ethnic group or a race, gender, clinical records, etc.
(10) In case of transmitting identical statements or similar statements with regards to multiple users.
(11) Besides these, in case of exchanging statements which are contrary to the law or statements which the company decides to be inappropriate.
Article 11 Usage Fee
It is assumed that this service can be used free of charge. However, the communication charges, which occur at the time of using the application, will have to be borne by the user.
Article 12 With Regards to Contents Change, Discontinuation or Completion of the Services
The contents of the present services can be changed, discontinued or terminated anytime owing to the reasons mentioned below. At that time, either in this service or through mail, etc., such intention will be notified beforehand but will not be applicable in case of any type of emergency.
(1) In the case of carrying out the maintenance work.
(2) In the case of the operation of the services becomes difficult due to unforeseen phenomenon such as an earthquake, fire disaster and blackout, etc.
(3) In the case of the operation of the services becomes difficult owing to system nonconformity or infection due to a computer virus, etc.
(4) In the case of the operation of the services becomes difficult due to the law and regulations, etc.
(5) Besides this, in the case the company decides that there is no other alternative.
Article 13 Coordinating with the External Services
The present service has a feature which can coordinate partly with the external SNS. In case of using these, please use them within the scope which does not violate the rules of each SNS. If by any chance a case of trouble or nonconformity of any kind related to each SNS occurs, it is assumed that the company is not liable in any form whatsoever.